Saturday 1 January 2011

London Fireworks 2011

I have to say that New Years 2011 firework display for London was something more than expected (I did think that nothing could beat last years display and also Dubai's display this year). It was the most beautiful firework display I have aver seen in my life (yes I have seen MILLIONS! (and I am not joking)) it even beats the previous display last year for London! A huge congratulations to London and also to the people the created it. It took 5 months and I am guessing many lorries of fireworks! What annoys me is people who comment each year saying it is a waste of money and that it should be better spent on other things and I completely disagree with this! This display alone would have made more money for London than it actually cost to fund it. People do not see that it benefits the city massively!. The amount of tourism that it brings and and also helps our economy. Its promotion for the city, entertainment and also makes many millions of people very happy. I honestly believe that it does far more good than bad and I hope each year it gets better and better! London you have done me and millions of other people very very proud!.




So to bring it back round to the actual display its self... I had my mouth open for the whole 10 minutes! (and not because I was ill!) I think I swore a couple of times and I really did not want it to stop!. I could even hear it outside my window which was amazing but I was very envious of everyone that was down at Embankment this year (its my first year of not going as I was ill) One thing that also makes this display like no other is that we are GMT, we have an amazing clock (and tower! and bells!) to play it out too and finally... what better stage than the London Eye to strap all those fireworks onto and set them off!!! Hope you enjoy the video and have a great New years!

No comments:

Post a Comment