Wednesday 9 March 2011

London's Orbit


Every time you look on London news websites of news papers I swear that there are articles on the new landmark that is being build next to the olympic stadium “The Orbit” It seems to get so much bad publicity yet everyone seems to be obsessed with this thing. Personally I love it! Its strange, striking and its very different. I have heard it being referred to as a blood clot, Intestines, alien, a broke Eiffel tower and many more but I really cant help but love the thing. We will see int he future if it holds the test of time and if London takes it under its wing and I really believe that the city will. I refer to the thing as the new Tate modern. The factory is very ugly and my first response to the building would be to take the thing down rather then convert it into an art gallery but how wrong I would have been!? The Tate is an amazing place and it shows how beautiful something ugly can actually be. Now yes I know that the Orbit is being built now and the Tate was a factory and that factories aren't designed to be pretty but it shows that just because it is not loved now does not mean it will not be loved once the Olympic games are over. Trust me on this one, I think its a lover and I cant wait to see it and use it in 2012!




I really like the design and think that when you are standing under it that it will really take your breath away and make you see this object in a whole new light. 



This is more what the Orbit looks like at the moment but it is growing fast!


A view from below. I think this is the best way to look at it! I am rather impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment