Wednesday 24 August 2011

Xfactor Season 8: First Impression

Yes the show that everyone talks about hit our screens on Saturday (20th August) even though I swear that it was only last week that it finished! so through to another year of punishment and attention seeking people screaming around the stage trying to impress the four judges, Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Dannii Minogue and Cheryl Cole.... oh wait.. only one of them made it back (and it just so happened to be the worst one!) so we are faced with three new judges and a crumbly old one. Kelly Rowland, Tulisa Contostavlos (wow we wont be saying that!) and Gary Barlow. 
My first opinions on the lineup before it shat onto the TV screens was that it seems to be a poor lineup and that the show would go down hill from now on but after watching the first program on Saturday I was pleasantly surprised! 

Louis Walsh 
I really think that the guy should have been let go with the other three judges. Bless him, he is not a horrible guy but he is just so annoying and could have been replaced with someone so much more “now” I really hope that if the show does have to go on then this will be his final series. 

Kelly Rowland

Well, she was the biggest surprise of the night. I LOVE HER! She was entertaining, honest, fun, live and anything else positive that I could throw at her! I think she has replaced Cheryl and oh how she will do so much of a better job!

Tulisa Contostavlos 
Well before this program started up I actually had no idea who she was. I actually like her. In a non offensive way I describer her as the grime of the xfactor. She is open and honest and I can see her being a lovely bitch but I just feel for her and really want her to do well. 

Gary Barlow

The second surprise of the night come from Gary Barlow. I actually hated him. I think he is trying to be a Simon rather than bring his own style to the show and because of this I think that he is the only judge that is going to damage his reputation. I round him boring, complaining, not fun and to be completely honest, older than Louis walsh!!





So how does the show compare with the other judges? DO you think it is better or worse 

Simon Cowell 
Now I love the guy but I am really glad he is gone. I think that it allows the show to develop into its own rather than him crushing it. I think he was a great judge but it is time for him to have a break 

Dannii Minogue 
Now this is one person that I am really going to miss! Dannii was amazing, stylish and just wow. I know that there are already two women but I wish that she could either replace Louis or Gary and then it would be the perfect lineup! 

Cheryl Cole 
I do not know the situation but I think that she shot herself in the foot. I am not a fan of her and I am rather glad that she has left. Yes she was beautiful but that was it. I think that she may find it difficult to keep herself in the limelight without the show and that the repetitive story of her and her husband will just because ever increasingly boring.

The Show itself 
The show itself I thought could have been improved. It was very entertaining but I felt that the whole intro was very unneeded and so long. Why on Earth after this many series do we need to know what is going to happen, how they search for contestants and what cities they go to. The show should have just introduced the new judges and started rather than flying helicopters around landmarks and talking shit (excuse my language but it was awful) The other thing that annoyed me was that the show only focused around four people and then it ended. A guy with tattoos on his arse cheeks... all I thought was “stupid fool” a really scary blonde woman that had far too many faces.. a complete dickhead that had been on it in a previous series which you knew 100% that was set up. and then a rather entertaining but far too long performance by a chinese lady who had swallowed far too many pills the night before. I wish that they had focused on one city first, a few more acts and then moved on. I guess we cant all have it our way though, 

Signing out, Thatmfeeling

2 comments:

  1. I'm watching it now and my first thought was, WTF is up with the helicopters & insane intro... we know the show already! I had a minor heart attack when I realized Dannii was gone, she was hands down my favorite, however you're right Kelly is well on her way to becoming my new fav.

    Oh well, I guess we can't have everything we want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! Dannii was the best one! well happy tuning in! I am sure I will blog about it again before the week is over lol!

    ReplyDelete