Friday 30 March 2012

Pouring Petrol Indoors with the Hob on


It has been on every cover of the newspapers, all over the news channels and I just can’t seem to get away from it. A woman has managed to get 40% burns because she was pouring petrol from one container to another using a jug. It gets worse. She was pouring it in her kitchen with the hob on! Now whilst I feel very sorry for this woman, because I would not wish anyone to go through what she is going through, I do have to stop and question what on earth she thought she was doing!? I can not believe that someone would firstly have petrol in their own home. Petrol is extremely smelly and if you have it exposed in your home then apart from it being extremely dangerous, it is going to fill up your house with gross smelling fumes. Also you just would never have the hob/oven on when you were doing it. The thing that comes into mind when you are at a petrol station is not to have any flames, no smoking and nothing that causes sparks. We know this because petrol can ignite and blow up. Why on Earth this lady thought that in your own home there is an exception to do this. On top of this what really frustrates me is that the government have asked people to fill up jerry cans and fill up their tanks just incase. That is fine and to me is a very reasonable thing to do but then people go stupid and panic buy far too much and you hear stories of men filling up washing up liquid bottles, women filling up jam jars and I just have to wonder to myself has this country gone insane.  I loved a comment that someone has written on a news website saying “if the government asked you to swing from wet towels on power lines would you do it?” The worrying thing is that I am sure that there are some people out there that would! People need to start thinking for themselves and use the government as a prompt for ideas rather than strictly following silly suggestions in silly ways. We should all use this as a lesson to ourselves. 


I hope this lady recovers well and that she NEVER messes around with petrol again, Signing out, Thatmfeeling 


No comments:

Post a Comment