Thursday 22 March 2012

Team GB Olympic Kit: Good or Bad?


The Great British olympic games kit, or is it? This is the question that seems to be on many peoples tongues at the moment. With a rather impressive reveal of the kit on the 22nd, some people have instantly responded with negative criticism. Most of the criticism has been that the kit is predominantly blue which is not the main colour of our flag. Other negative criticism is that it does not display our flag clear enough. One comment that I must mention however was from a general member of the public that stated “The Union Jack is so iconic, the beauty is that you can mess around with the colours and you can always tell what flag it is” I have to say that I completely agree. On closer inspection myself I have to say that I am rather disappointed that the kit is mainly blue, however I also need to say that the team do look great in it which I am not sure they would do as much in a red kit. I am proud of our country and like many other people, if asked what colour represents the United Kingdom, the top answer would be red. It does seem rather odd to leave the colour out but that may be the whole entire point. In an advert about the new games kit, there is a union jack logo in the background that is made up of only blue colours. This logo looks amazing and very catchy which also makes me like the it more. My only worry about using so much blue is it seems to look like the Scottish flag. This is the London games. London is an English city. If it was the Scottish games being held in Glasgow then I could understand but why should be be representing a country that wants a separate olympic team (I understand that many Scottish people want to stay part of the United Kingdom but there have been so many stories of Scotland wanting to be separated in so many ways that it is just getting annoying) Something so simple as adding red incorporates both England and Wales into the kit and everyone would be happy (well most people!) 

I will stand by my original answer and I have to admit that I like the it. If it was up to me then I would have added more red however I think it represents us in a modern and positive way. The  people wearing the kit look amazing (and rather sexy too!) so as it was said, if they look good, they feel good and if they feel good they play good. Team GB has a kit now everyone just get behind it and cheer our team on! 




not long unti the Olympics now! signing out, Thatmfeeling 

No comments:

Post a Comment