Tuesday 6 March 2012

The perfect birthday!


I have been away a bit recently as the week that has just gone was my birthday week. I decided to take the week off work and celebrate it in a different way. As I have said in previous blogs, this year is about me doing the things that I want to do and not just push them aside. I decided for the week that I would do something that I wanted to do every single day and I have to be honest, I swear that it was one of the best weeks of my life so far. The first main date to talk about was my birthday when me and a friend went to the V&A (as I had not been there for years because it was the place that I was forced to go all the time for university study so I just needed a break from it) It was rather fun and to see some amazing collections and then some not so (as you will see by the pictures!) Once I had finished at the V&A we waled a short journey next door to the Natural history Museum. Now I have an odd relationship with the natural history museum. I visited when I was about eight years old and then did not have a visit there until about 12 years later and all I remember is it being exactly the same! 


When I visited this time, no surprise but it was exactly the same but with handles missing and more things broken. I love the idea of the natural history museum and I find the topics really interesting but when the museum does not change at all, I mean it even said that Pluto was a planet  so their facts are out of date. Whilst here however I did find some new places that I had never been to before like the dead animal part and another stone collection! It was a fun trip to the museums but I think I will have to give the NHM a rest for another ten years or so (the birds heads just freak me out so me being me, took a photo of it!) After the museums wee out of the way I did something that I love to do and that was to buy some tea! I love to have a huge collection because you are not always in the mood for the same flavour so I just have millions and then I can pick the one that I am in the mood for that day! 



We were then off to Cafe Boheme which I have to mention because I had never been to the Cafe and it was beautiful! I recommend that everyone goes because it is fantastic and we need more of them around! So there we were sipping tea and talking about the thing that we have done that day. It may sound rather “old” or “OAP” of me to do this for my birthday but I did not want a birthday that I would forget because I was too drunk or just sat at home doing nothing so this to me was perfect! After the Cafe we moved to the kitchen and had a bottle of wine and a really nice (but filling!) meal. The Boheme Kitchen is my favorite place to eat and they never seem to disappoint even though the people around us had the most irritating laughs so as you were talking you had to pause and let the witches laughs finish before you could finish your conversation.



 I finished the night in a small bar with a few more friends and left before things would have turned messy (I am so proud of myself) I went home with the hugest smile on my face and think that I will remember this birthday for a very long time as next year is going to have to top this one and I would say that that will be difficult to do. Take a look at some of the pictures from that day (they are rather random but I would say it was a random yet fantastic day!) Defiantly beats my twenty first when I was the only person that did not manage to make it into the club! 





No comments:

Post a Comment