Tuesday 22 February 2011

Has Britney done it?


When it comes to Britney spears I really have no hope. I know it sounds harsh but I think she has been clinging onto the one thing that has been keeping her famous, being mad and having comebacks ever album. When I heard that Ms Spears had a new song coming out I did not think “oh I better write this one on the calendar because it is a brilliant buy” and I have to agree, now that I have heard the song I still do not think it is a must buy... However I think it is a pretty good damn song for her so it has re-lit theI had for this woman. I do not want to talk about the song though, Its the video that has got me looking!
There was so much hype over this video that I expected it to be awful. I find that most music video that get so much promotion and hype end up just being plain, cheap and boring. Well, I take this back for ms Spears video. I saw a link to the video from friends profile so I thought I would have a little lookie and when I did I was very pleasantly surprised! There has clearly been some money spent on this video, and so there should be because I am almost certain that if this song and video failed then so would Spears. She has had so much time to rebuild herself and her performances that this was the final straw. It is also great to see that Britney Spears has also finally admitted that she is an alien. The video is colourful, catchy and entertaining. The part that really attracts me to this is her dress when she is spraying it with paint. it is absolutely beautiful and if you watch i on Vevo where the quality is very good then you can see just how much colour and creativity has gone into this video. now i am not saying that this is the best music video, i think she has a long way to go before she can claim that title but this is a very good direction and improvement on anything else she has done. I will be intrigued to see if the next song has the same quality added to it as this song has done.

2 comments:

  1. The song is awful, and the video is atrocious! They must have spent weeks airbrushing the folds out of her face, and quite unsuccessfully I might add. She's using Gaga and Madonna's music video director, Jonas Akerlund. She just stands then, flapping her arms, and doing absolutely nothing. The "fighting herself" shit was done by Mariah Carey, and Madonna already.

    She needs to go away and retire. She's 30 years old, and pretty soon she'll be DOA if she isn't careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I LOVE the comment!!! they probably did spend weeks airbrushing the folds out of her face.... I really do love the video though... its something about that colourful dress that is amazing! I want to have neon paint fly all around me! There is one thing though about the way she looks at the camera that says "Britney... you arent all there yet" but I am sure she will release a rather catchy album for everyone to dance to!!

    ReplyDelete