Sunday 11 December 2011

The X Factor Finale: Little Mix To Win


So I have not really been following the Xfactor this year after the disappointment of the judges and (I don’t mean to sound nasty) the lack of talent that this year has had to offer. In true Xfactor style, you hear about the show even if you don’t have a TV or internet connection so it was only a matter of time after each program finishes that I would hear about it. I will admit to you that I watched the first part of the finale last night and I was impressed... by the arena, not by the people singing on it. Even if I hate to admit it, the show is huge. Even a death and blind person would be able to tell you that. I am surprised that it has taken the show this long to move (even for the finale) to a bigger venue. The impact is so much greater ad I think it makes for such a good viewing experience. There has only been one thing about the show this year that I have loved to hear about and that is the group Little Mix. Every time I hear about them it makes me want to see who they are and what they have been doing and so I listened to them sing and was really impressed. Watching the finale last night, they were the only ones out if the three that stood out and that I enjoyed listening to. Amelia Lily chose the worst song to perform! if you are going to choose a Christina Aguilera song then you have to be prepared to sing all the high and long notes. Lily did not sing any but chose to cut them all out. I am glad that she was voted out and should have stayed out from the beginning. Marcus Collins had by far the best stage set up but again disappointed with his song choice. He did not make it his own nor did he reach the standards of the original. If it is the finale then I think the singers should be belting out some impressive songs to show that they are the top of the crop and apart from Little Mix,I don’t think they did. I will not stick up for Little Mix as I think that they only topped their best performance when it was time for them to sing with Tulisa. I loved it!! They deserve to win all the way. My final opinions are that I think the Xfactor should be in a bigger venue next year for the whole time (or at the very least give the studio a complete makeover because it is getting so boring!) They need to keep Tulisa and ditch all the other judges (I do like Kelly but she just did not click!) and finally (you will hate this one) they need to get a new Dermot! I just dont think that he has a full personality and we need someone more dramatic and entertaining to fill the role! 





singing out, Thatmfeeling 

No comments:

Post a Comment