Thursday 23 February 2012

The Random Day's Adventure


Oh I had one of those days yesterday, a day where nothing really happens but you feel like you have gotten so much done. I woke up and thought that I would either go to Stratford, Canary Wharf or Bankside. In the end I decided to travel to Bankside so I could have a little lookie at the Tate Modern. The Tate Modern is a great place but because I had already been recently, nothing had changed so I didn’t really want to spend too much time there. I have no idea what day it was (well I know it was Wednesday) but there were so many French people around! It must have been French heart London day as everywhere I turned there were French people! Clearly Paris was full of English! anyway, not that that matters it was just rather odd. I wondered across the millennium bridge which was vibrating like a... well you know what it was vibrating like and it did amuse me! It was a great foot massage! As you can see by some of the photos that I took of my day, I had my monitoring of the Shard done and decided to move onto One New Change. Back tracking, I have to mention that the Shard is oh so close to being complete. The photos that I have taken you can roughly see that the top is glazed on the other side so it will not be long until they glaze the remainder. Back to me walking to One New Change, however and I wanted to go and take some panoramic photos of St. Pauls. Whilst up there, looking around at the surrounding scenery, it was odd to think of how ugly London looked. I barely ever say that but the weather had given it a side that looked rather dark, gloomy and lifeless. I cant wait until Summer to see the place injected with colour again. This Summer I am once again going to make the most of going out and touring the city. It is great to see those hidden areas and hopefully I will be able to expose them to myself and also to anyone else on here. My day ended rather abruptly as I spent lots of money that I did not have on ties and belts so I thought it would be best to finish up and get home in the light with some of my money left! Take a look at the pictures from my day and let me know what you think.
Above: Panoramic photo from the Shard on the left to St Pauls on the right
Above: The London eye in the distance and St Pauls in front

 Above: Two photos from the Tate gallery. Love both of these works of art even though the one on the left ruins your brain after viewing it for a while 
 Above & Below: photos from Bankside. St Pauls, some random trees at the Tate and then the Shard below. 





Signing out, Thatmfeeling 

No comments:

Post a Comment