Sunday 5 February 2012

Lana Del Rey: Born To Die



I know I know! I really do not want to add to the hype that is going around about Lana Del Rey but I have to speak up! Generally with the people I know around me, the album has received mixed responses from them. Some say that it is the best thing since sliced bread (nearly said breath then!) and others say that it is dull, repetitive and just boring to be completely honest. I have to say that I have been blown away by this artist and I am not exaggerating. I have owned the album for a couple of days now and my iTunes is already telling me that I have played the album... yes that is the deluxe edition, more than sixteen times. That will either be lots to those who are normal and little to the people that sit out there and only listen to one album until they physically cant stand it anymore! What I really love about the album is that when you listen to it, you can hear that time, money and effort has gone into it. The music is rich, clear and the voice has so much quality to it. Some songs I have to admit may sound a little boring if you had friends around and you want something more sociable to listen to but I think that this album is designed to be listened to alone with the headphones on. Rey states that it is a tribute to her crazy life and if you listen to the lyrics you almost envy it, bad and good. My favorite song on the album that stretches further than any other has to be “off to the races” I love everything about the song. The lyrics are brilliant, they change in each chorus and I love the fact that she continues the sentences between versus (it is something that many people really fail to do and use it just to make the versus rhyme) I think it works perfectly and I could listen to it on repeat until I could not hear any more. The other song that really stands out is “born to die” again, it is just beautiful and when you listen to the lyrics I fell that it takes me away and I really listen (without sounding too geeky, crazy weird on you) all in all “Born to Die” (the album) is fantastic and it is a story of her life, it is fun, depressing, deep, crazy and you can tell that she loves it!! One thing I hate about many artists is that when they release an album it seems to either be positive or negative. Rey mixes the two together and I find it fascinating when she is singing about something that we would assume to be negative yet you know that she loves it and wouldn’t change it for the world. I recommend that everyone buys this and that they buy it in the deluxe version as you will need lots of songs to leave on repeat! Let me know what you think of “Born to Die” have fun,


signing out, Thatmfeeling 

No comments:

Post a Comment