Wednesday 16 November 2011

The New Nokia Lumia


I keep on seeing articles on the new Nokia Lumia phone and I wanted to add my two pence in. I do not know why but there is something about this phone that I just really like. I do not plan to buy one as I am a hardcore Apple fan and I would only leave them if they shut down but if I was to change phones then I would say that this phone for some reason has to be the most appealing. I am not usually a fan of Nokia phones but recently I know that Microsoft and Nokia have joined forces to try and jump into the phone market (and make bigger splashes than they currently are) I decided to do some research into the phone and I have to say that I was rather impressed. The phone itself looks very “lego chic” I love the look personally but I know that there will be many people out there that will compare it to a child’s toy. Currently the phone comes in black (so boring) pink (rather snazzy) and blue (yes please!) The frame seems very small which makes a change to most of the bulky phones that are out at the moment. The one thing that really strikes me with this phone is the menu (or operating system) itself. The system is designed to look and match the phone and it does this very well. I love the fact that it has “people” rather than “contacts” as this changes the contact pages into mini profiles of the people you know, adding Facebook, twitter, email, number, birthdays and anything else that you could possibly think of and stores it in one place. The phone in general seems very organised and simple to use. It has a “bigger than the screen” feel to it and its like using the phone as some sort of peep hole as the information slides from side to side. I am not a windows fan at all but I would have to say that Windows seems to have done rather well this time. The Lumia stands out on its own at the moment as it has a very different look and fee to the Apple and Android phones that are currently taking over the world. 


This will either be great for Nokia or it will be bad. It will either attract people over and the phone will be a great success or it will scare people as they may feel like there may not be many things to do with the phone as Apple and Android will clearly have many more apps at the moment. All in all I have to say that this is a rather sexy phone and I am rather impressed. I did not think that I would say this but I hope it does well and that Windows has better luck at fixing itself into the phone market with its operating system. With three major players in the OS market it should do it some good and push up the competition to creating that “dream” phone that everyone wants.


Signing out, Thatmfeeling 

No comments:

Post a Comment