Thursday 17 November 2011

Reality TV: Has it lost its Xfactor?


I watch Sky New quite a bit and every time they do a newspaper review, there is always one crappy newspaper that has an article on the X Factor. It got me thinking “are people even watching it anymore” The simple answer to this is yes. People may still be tuning in to watch the show but I don’t think they are like they use to. There was once a time where everyone would talk about the show and you would even be sitting on the tube and would hear the people around you talking about something or other Xfactor-esk. Now, there is really not that much. I think that the Xfactor hype has died down and I personally want ITV to move onto something different. Maybe this is not true and people do still talk manically about the show, just luckily I am not around to hear them. I think what has killed the buzz is the choice of contestants and partly the judges too. When the show first started this year, I wrote a blog about the judges and how it seemed like a rather good lineup. I take this back. The judges were a blow of the hammer that knocked the show down a peg. Gary Barlow is just so boring, bland and crap at being a judge. People just seem to be able to predict to easily what he is going to say and it makes it so boring. He is so repetitive and when he talks it just makes me want to mute the show. Kelly Rowland started out so promising but, maybe it is just me but it looks like her enthusiasm has run out quicker than a battery in sex shop dildo. I do not think that she will be there next year as she will want to do something better. Tulisa is probably my favorite one at the moment (I say at the moment but I stopped watching the program a while ago) I don’t know why she is a favorite, she just is. Then, you have Louis... Louis Walsh that should have left the show about 80 years ago! It is made worse by the fact that there aren’t really any great performers either. Some of them are good but its just disappointing because compared to other years I don’t think that anyone there will be a big star or deserves to have that crown. I know I sound awful and so bitchy and I do not mean it in a nasty way as this show is some of these people’s dreams. Then suddenly people are getting thrown out of the show, judges are arguing, being ill, complaining and contestants are turning against each other. To me it feels like it is a desperate attempt to get people talking about the show again but I am not too sure how effective these attempts are. There is no doubt that the show will be on for the next few years at least and that team Cowell will do all in their power to keep this ship afloat as long as possible. Reality TV is here to stay but there is something in the air that says these programs need to develop, change, move on, reinvent themselves because it gets boring watching exactly the same thing year after year with little change. You will either agree with me on this subject or probably slate me to Hell but this is what I think is happening. (now that I have said this the show will hit record audiences and be extended for the next thirty years!) anyway, whether you are an Xfactor fan or not... does reality TV have to change to survive? 


Signing out, Thatmfeeling 

No comments:

Post a Comment