Friday 25 November 2011

Irrepressibles, In The Shirt



I have not written a blog about music in rather a long time. This is not because I have not been enjoying music recently, just that there has not been music out there that has really taken my breath away. I know when music has had an impact on me because I just cant stop thinking about it. Sometimes it is music that you know you are going to like and it is catchy and the other times it is because of what is written, the emotion that comes out of the song or just the impact that the music has had on your life. I have had my iTunes Dj (for any of you that do not know... that means random!) on all day today and it has been bringing up some blasts from the past. As soon as one of the songs started to play, I knew that I had to write about it. This song is not well known, I have never heard it play on the radio or on TV but I passed it on Facebook. Someone recommended that I listened to the track and when I did I was left there, in complete silence after just thinking about the song. The song is called “In the shirt” by the Irrepressibles and there is a sample, along with both of the videos (the original and one amazing re-make) I do not honestly know what I feel when I listen to the song but it makes me stop and think. In my mind it is very emotional and stands for an array of things but I recommend that you listen to it all the way through and see what you make of it. I have tried listening to the Irrepressibles album and really do want to like it but it just does not float my boat. I want to like it but it is a tiny bit creepy for me and I can imagine myself getting rather disturbed if I listen to it at night (if at any point someone from the Irrepressibles reads this, I am so sorry!) Anyway listen to it and let me know what you think, watch both videos too, 

This is the re-make version, my favorite version (not because of the naked men) of the song, I like the meaning that is expressed through it and I think it is extremely creative

This, to my knowledge is the main official version of the song from the forgotten circus

No comments:

Post a Comment