Wednesday 4 January 2012

2011: The look back / 2012: The look forward


So the bottles and rubbish have been cleared up, the party outfits put back in the wardrobes, work shoes are back on and we have all turned back to reality as we settle in to this new year. I noticed that many people had been reflecting on the year and stating how bad the year was and their sense of relief that they had a fresh new year to make amends in. What intrigues me is that I looked back at my year and have to say that I disagree with what seems to be the majority and say that I will look back at 2011 in a positive light. I have moved on with my life, grown, got a better job, had a fresh start again. Most of us can say that we have enjoyed what has to be one of the warmest and sunniest summers that the UK has had for many years. I have enjoyed events, friends and family so in a nut shell I feel rather privileged to be able to look back at the year with positive memories. The year generally  for the world has not been so positive. Whilst many great things have happened, the news focuses more on the bad. (bad news it good news) the papers were full of murders, scandals, recessions, lack of money and everything else that could push you over the edge if you had to be witness to it 24-7. We shouldn’t let this get us down, I know it is easier said than done but if we focused more on our lives then maybe things would be more positive (maybe not) I am looking forward to 2012 with much anticipation as this year promises to be a huge year for London. If it is a huge year for London then it is going to have a big affect the people that live here and I can proudly say that I am one of these people. The Olympics, the queen’s jubilee, arts festivals and more, you name it and it seems to be happening here.
 I really hope that this summer turns out to be another warm one as the way it changed everyones mood and life was just amazing. Happiness, warmness, long days, days out and time to sunbathe. It is these things that takes the stress out of our lives and with any luck it will be the same for this year. The one final thing I want to talk about is new years resolutions. Some people make them for the sake of it, random ones like I will give up chocolate, smoking or food in general (which we all know that we aren’t going to keep) I try to base mine, when I do them, on little things such as being tidy or more organised (which I can say I am still doing years after I pushed myself to do them)
This year I took a good look at myself and have decided that I am going to focus more of my attention on my family and friends that want it and less of my attention on people that do not deserve my time (not trying to say that my time is the most important thing!) I learnt last year that sometimes I spend so much of my time on people that really do not care, have better things to do or just thing that they are simply above the rest of the world. 
This year I want to throw those people away. I am tried of trying to get peoples attention or friendship when I know that they are so wrapped up in their own worlds that they do not see the other people around them. I have people around me every day that care, are amazing, genuinely lovely people and it is these people that I should be cherishing. My resolution is to give these people the respect that they deserve. 
Hope you had a great 2011 and I hope that this year has many more great things to bring. Signing out, Thatmfeeling 

No comments:

Post a Comment