Saturday 21 January 2012

Brighton West Pier Destruction


You will have to forgive me with my continued talk on the topic of the West Pier, Brighton. As you can probably tell I find the thing fascinating, almost to the point I see the structure as the victim and I am trying to understand the pain that it has gone through. I managed to visit the West Pier today and it was amazing to finally see it up close. The only part that now remains is the head of the pier with the iron that use to make up the pavilion. It is sad to see something that was so proud, beautiful and loved turn into something that is now so damaged that it remains a shell of its former self (even though it still remains beautiful in a different kind of way) I managed to find more photos of the structure during its deterioration and I think you may find them really interesting. The first collection are photos from the West Pier Trust Website http://www.westpier.co.uk/ showing public photos and professional photos taken during its deterioration. The latter photos are ones that I have taken of the Pier myself.





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




I hope that there is someone out there that will find this topic just as interesting, this will be my last blog on the West Pier I promise. Please visit the official charity website for this beautiful pier by following the link and finding out more:  http://www.westpier.co.uk/  enjoy, Signing out, Thatmfeeling 

No comments:

Post a Comment