Monday 16 January 2012

Costa Concordia, The New Titanic?


The news stories have been rife with the over dramatisation of the Costa Concordia over the last couple of days but is this really the new Titanic? I hate the fact that the two are even linked at all! Yes they both hit things and yes they both sank... well this one has actually failed to do that, thankfully! Whilst I am no ship and story expert, I think that is where the familiarities end. The Titanic was dramatic, the first of its kind, exciting and a ended in complete tragedy, The Costa Concordia seems more like an extremely foolish mistake? Now I know that people may hate me for saying it like that and my sympathies are with all on board but this massive ship is salvageable and they are saying will be back in business within the next twelve months. (Is it just me that would not want to go on a ship that you know has partially sunk!?) The people were fortunate enough that the ship had come to rest close up near the coast and they are also fortunate that the ship did not completely sink for those who were trapped inside. Now it is extremely sad that people have lost their lives in this awful situation but I just cant get over the hate of linking this story to one that was far worse and that happened such a long time ago. In answer to the original question, no the Costa Concordia is not like the Titanic and I wish the media would give it a story of its own







hoping that all that are still missing are found alive and safe, Signing out, Thatmfeeling

No comments:

Post a Comment