Sunday 1 January 2012

London New Years fireworks: 2012


Well a happy new year to you all and lets face it, the world welcomed it in with a bang! I love watching the new years celebrations from around the world as they welcome in the year in many different ways. A large amount of cities welcome in the year with firework displays and I have to say how proud and amazed I was with the London display this year. I thought that last year was the pinnacle of them all and that it would be impossible for a fire work display to even pass that but I can honestly say that memories of it have now been firmly obliterated into oblivion with the sights and tingles that this years display has created. Whilst I do have to stand firmly behind my city with a breathtaking display, I have to also mention some of the other amazing celebrations that I have seen over the new years period. Hong Kong, Sydney, Vegas, Paris, New York, Dubai and so many more were just brilliant to watch as an outsider and I am equally proud and amazed by how beautiful and to be very honest, moving they were. I will also post my top five new year celebration moments on a separate blog so you can see what really happened as the clock passed twelve on that December / January night. 


Above is the firework display from London that welcomed in the year. What I thought was fantastic is that they also used Big Ben as the setting for the fireworks as it chimed out the famous twelve chimes. You will also notice as you watch the display that it has been extended to 11 minutes and 30 seconds rather than the ten minutes previous to this. Every year it seems to get better and better and I have also linked the new years celebration video from 2011 as well which is below (If you aren't already fireworked out)


So it has been and it has now gone. This is just the start for what promises to be a rather eventful year for London. I really hope everything goes as well as this and that London can do us all proud. Thank you for reading and I hope you have all recovered from the celebrations. 

Signing out, Thatmfeeling 

No comments:

Post a Comment